Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Releases - May 12, 2009

Hello everyone, I've let the blog slip the last few weeks due to moving into a new apartment, but I shall now redouble my efforts.

One thing I have to do is recommend that everyone come in and immediately rent "The Fall." This is a wildly irresponsible thing to do, because we only have one copy, but I'm nevertheless compelled because I just watched it and it blew my socks off. It's been in circulation for a while now, but I would recommend this film to nearly anyone. It's basically an unrestricted tribute to imagination from the director of "The Cell," and if you've seen that film you'll understand how high the bar is set for artistic design in his work, and let me tell you, he's completely outdone himself. This is one of those films that slips by, and years later you look back and wonder how it could have been released with so little fanfare. It's got some pacing problems near the end, but that doesn't even begin to diminish the achievement. So next time you're trying to fill out a 3 for 12.99 deal, just pick it up.

Anyway, the current new releases are:

Taken
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Nothing But the Truth
Passengers
The Grudge 3
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale
The Last Word
High Hopes
It's Not Me, I Swear!
For the Love of a Dog
State of Play (BBC TV series)

No comments:

Post a Comment