Monday, April 13, 2009

Music in the store

If you're roaming the aisles during a shift that I'm supervising (usually Friday and Saturday evenings) you'll probably hear [Radio Paradise] coming out of our sound system. It's a volunteer and donation-based radio station out of California, and I really like the variety of music they play, and how the songs lead into one another; A little Nick Cave, a little Band of Horses, just enough Beatles, and some Zero 7 every once in a while. I used to go to Last.FM, a form of user-customizeable automated internet radio similar to Pandora.com, but since they started charging listeners outside the U.S. a minor mandatory subscription fee, I've had to look elsewhere. A Jumbo customer turned me on to R.P. and I haven't looked back, although it's sometimes too mellow for Dave. I just thought I'd give them a plug, so check them out if you're interested. And if anyone out there has any other internet radio suggestions, leave a comment and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. musicovery.com can be really fantastic but occasionally i have trouble with flash or something. worth checking out though. i like it way better than pandora

    ReplyDelete